What Is A Stomach Balloon?
* Stomach balloon, which is easy to apply in controlled weight loss programs, is safely administered by endoscopists in our country. Gastric balloon application is done endoscopically.
* Especially obese patients who are at risk of surgery.
Obese people with surgery reservations.
Rapid weight loss emergencies.
* Conditions requiring temporary obesity treatment.
Before surgery for obesity in super-obese patients, surgery is an appropriate obesity treatment method to reduce the risks.
Who Is The Stomach Balloon Applied To ?
* Fat people with a body mass index between 30-40 and therefore at risk of developing serious medical problems
* Type 2 diabetes patients who cannot be cured due to excessive weight
* Patients with BMI over 40 or BMI between 35-40 who have serious medical problems together cannot tolerate debilitating surgery or patients who do not wish to undergo surgery even though they have these characteristics
It is appropriate for patients whose body weight needs to be reduced to the appropriate level for surgical intervention, and who are unable to perform these treatments because of the surgical risk posed by obesity, even though surgical treatment should be applied for any reason.
What To Know About Stomach Balloons
* Used for temporary treatment of obesity.
* The risks of other diseases due to obesity (Type II diabetes-vascular diseases-joint diseases-etc.) provides maximum benefit to the patient in significantly reducing.
* Helps to lose weight and maintain lost weight.
* It helps to reduce the risks of surgery by weakening the patients who are going to have surgery before the surgery.
* After being undone, it also helps to ensure the continuation of fat person's weight loss with a modified diet program.
* Diet, sports and drug treatment results from 5 years of fat people who have not been used in the treatment of obesity.
* Put endoscopically, undone endoscopically.
* Endoscopically placed in the stomach BIB system, 500-700 cc filled with saline. The fat person's food intake, dieting aids also reduces the weight loss allows.
* Stays in the stomach for 6 months. It should not be left for more than 6 months.
* Endoscopy should be performed by the experienced surgeon and gastroenterologists and patient follow-up should be done carefully.
* Allows fat person to lose about 20-25% of weight within 6 months.
* After it is taken back, it helps to maintain lost weight for a year with a soft diet program.
It is important for the patient to be a compatible person with good expectations, and it is important for the treatment to be successful.