Sleeve Gastrectomy (Tube Stomach) Surgery
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (tube stomach) surgery is one of the primary preferred methods in the surgical treatment of obesity or bariatric surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery (known as closed or without a knife) reduces the anesthesia process compared to conventional open surgery, but allows the patient to undergo a less painful, more comfortable process and heal faster.
What Is The Surgical Procedure Performed In Gastric Tube Surgery?
Sleeve gastrectomy is a surgery based on reducing the volume of the stomach. It can also be expressed as a restrictive method. It is an operation performed laparoscopically by entering the patient under anesthesia through small holes without making an incision in the abdomen.
2/3 of the stomach is removed and stomach volume is reduced. The remaining stomach volume is about 100-150 ml (1 cup of tea) and is roughly tube-shaped. The stomach is calibrated with the help of a nasogastric tube in order not to cause constriction in the stomach or to leave excess stomach wall.
Weight Loss With Tube Stomach Surgery
After Sleeve gastrectomy (tube stomach) or gastric Reduction Surgery, 2 key factors ensure weight loss.
1st.Factor - volume shrinking: by removing 2/3 of the stomach, the remaining volume shrinking, restricting, reduces food intake. In addition, reduced stomach volume increases the feeling of saturation with less food.
2nd ed. Factor-Hormonal effect: decrease in appetite is achieved by removing the stomach tissue, which is the area where Ghrelin hormone is secreted, which stimulates the feeling of hunger. Ghrelin is called “hunger hormone” because it increases appetite, increases food intake and promotes fat storage. Ghrelin is found at higher levels in obese people. The ghrelin level of people who undergo bariatric surgery is much lower than those who try to lose weight through means such as normal diet and exercise.
The Outcome We Expected From Surgery Of The Stomach Tube
Tube stomach surgery is a surgery that aims to reduce weight by shrinking the stomach. If you need to evaluate all the methods of bariatric surgery, on average, the loss of 50-75% of excess weight is a successful and possible target. This goal is approached at the end of 1 year. However, the rate of weight loss and the continuation process are often related to the patient's age, gender, co-ed diseases, eating habits. Being able to manage the post-surgery process and make lifestyle changes will make you successful.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Tube Gastric Surgery
* The biggest advantage of surgery as a method is that there is no change in the absorption of foods in the intestines due to the way they are digested.
Since the gastrointestinal tract is protected, there is no serious problem with absorption disorders in the intestines. However, due to factors that play a role in the absorption of certain vitamins with the restriction of stomach volume, follow-up should be taken especially for vitamin B12 and Iron (Fe) supplementation.
* With the decrease in the level of the hunger hormone Ghrelin, especially in people who eat in excess portions prior to surgery provides a severe reduction in the amount of eating and drinking.
* Vitamin and mineral deficiencies occur much less than other yömtemlerle.
Dumping syndrome (rapid gastric ejaculation) is prevented. Because foods leave the stomach later, a feeling of satiety is experienced for longer.
* Complications and side effects that disrupt the comfort of life is a very low method.
* 2 in patients who fail in the long term.it makes it possible to transition to an initiative (revision).
* Volume reduction surgery for the purpose of surgery, the most part of the stomach removed is a non-recyclable surgery.
* Surgery is a serious process that needs to be performed by a team of experienced, experienced physicians.
In the long term, gastric bypass surgery may be more likely to fail or gain weight, especially in comparison to surgery. Especially chocolate, ice cream, alcohol, etc., which are high in calories and can be consumed comfortably after surgery. weight loss can stop with the consumption of foods.
* The stomach may grow and expand in the long term if the recommended rules are not followed after surgery, especially when the solid-liquid separation (30 minute rule) is not paid attention.