Although some studies accept that the DHI technique is a new method of hair transplantation, some sources state that this application is a method of FUE technique performed with implanter, although they do not scientifically recognize it as a technique. The DHI technique is also known as unshaven hair transplantation. The aim of the DHI hair transplant method is to focus on the openings in the areas where the hair is sparse, without damaging the existing hair, and to perform a more dense and more natural hair transplant procedure. Choi needle with a thin, round, and sharp tip is used during this process. Hair follicles are collected from the donor area with a Choi needle. This method differs from other FUE hair transplant methods by directly transplanting the hair follicles to the bald area without opening a canal. In summary, the known duct opening and placement stages of the FUE method are performed simultaneously in DHI through the Choi pen. Thus, it is thought that the success of hair transplantation has increased since the hair follicles are kept less outside the body.
DHI Technique Process
• Before starting the transplantation process, the area to be transplanted and the donor area are analyzed in a computer environment with a high-resolution camera. The purpose of the analysis is to determine the type of hair, the density of the shedding, the density of the area to be transplanted, and the number of follicles that can be removed.
• As a result of the analysis, the hair is cut a little and the area to be transplanted is designed.
• Then, local anesthesia is applied to the donor area so that the patient does not feel pain and the nape area is numbed.
• Then the hair follicles are taken with micro tips and kept in a solution that will increase the health of the hair follicles and prevent them from being damaged.
• After the follicle extraction from the donor area is completed, local anesthesia is applied to the area to be transplanted.
• In hair transplantation with a Cholimplanter pen, the hair follicles are carefully placed in the pen one by one, after the assistants do this, the hair follicles are given to the specialist doctor for transplantation.
• The doctor also transplants the hair follicles at angles of 40-45 degrees. Another point is to make them in accordance with the direction of the previous hair of the person.
• After the angle and direction of the hair follicles placed in the Choi needle are determined, the transplantation is made with the pushing feature of the needle; In the operation, between 2 and 6 Choi pens and 15-16 Choi tips are used, the pen tips can be in different sizes and this determines the hair follicle and thickness structure of the person.
• Hair transplant operation takes approximately six to seven hours.
Post Process of DHI Operation:
Since the duct is not opened after this method, the crusting period is short and the scabs are completely poured within a week. Conditions such as crusting, itching, redness, and shedding after hair transplantation are normal and can be considered as part of the healing process. The transplanted hair is shed in 2-3 weeks and new hair starts to grow. Within 6 months, a part of it becomes completely natural. Within 1 year, it gains the old hair appearance and the follicles do not fall out.
How Long Does Hair Transplant Take?
A normal hair transplant procedure takes an average of 5-6 hours in a day. This period varies depending on the number of hair follicles (grafts) transplanted and the hair transplantation technique. After the hair transplant, if the person does not want to be informed about the hair transplant, it needs an average of 15 days. If he does not have such a concern, he can return to his daily life within 2 days.
How Long Will The Patient Have New Hair?
After the operation, crusting occurs in the part where the transplantation is made, and the patient can prevent crusting by washing his hair with the scalp once a day after the operation. It takes 7-10 days for the crusting to shed completely and the area where the operation was performed heals. During the shedding process, the hair in the area where the transplantation is made is also shed. 15 days and 1 month is the part where the patient reaches its appearance before transplantation. Afterward, there is no change in a period of 3 months. After this 3-month period, the hair starts to grow and the change in the patient is usually more noticeable within 5-6 months.
What Should Be Considered After Hair Transplantation?
During the hair transplantation operation, more attention should be paid to these areas, as both the grafted area and the transplanted area are treated. After this operation, you should rest at home for 3 days and be careful not to get any blows to your head. Rash and crusting may occur during the first 15 days after hair transplantation, this is normal and there is no need to worry. These crusts will heal spontaneously within 15 days. After the operation, you should wear a hat for 15 days to protect against external factors such as harmful UV rays from the sun, rain, wind, dust. After the hair transplant, you should not be in places such as gyms, sea, and baths for 1 month. In this way, you will protect the treated areas from possible inflammation.