With a degree, Dr Celik has completed his plastic, reconstructive...Read More
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BREAST AUGMENTATION
Breast augmentation surgery involves the use of silicone breast implants to increase the size or the volume of the breast. With over 300,000 women opting for this procedure every year, it’s one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in the world and an excellent way to boost your self-confidence and improve your overall body image according to the studies.
But before you rush off to a surgeon’s office, make sure that you know everything about breast augmentation so you can achieve the results you desire with no unpleasant surprises along the way. In this article, you’re going to find everything you need to know about breast augmentation surgery.
WHAT IS BREAST AUGMENTATION?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery procedure that involves the placement of implants to increase the size and enhance the shape of the breasts. This surgery can be performed for a variety of reasons, such as to achieve a more proportionate figure, to regain breast volume after weight loss or pregnancy, or simply to satisfy a patient’s desire for larger breasts. The implants used in breast augmentation can be either saline or silicone, and are available in a variety of sizes and shapes.
BENEFITS OF BREAST AUGMENTATION
1. Boosts self-esteem and confidence: A major reason why women opt for breast augmentation is because they are unhappy with their breast size. This dissatisfaction can lead to feelings of insecurity and low self-esteem. Breast augmentation can help boost a woman’s confidence by giving her the breasts she has always wanted. With that newfound confidence, she may feel more comfortable in social situations or work settings.
2. Fills out clothing better: If a woman wants to fill out clothing better, then she may want to consider breast augmentation surgery. The implants will give the breasts a fuller look that many people find appealing.
3. Helps ease discomfort from pregnancy or breastfeeding: Another benefit of having breast implants is that it can reduce discomfort from pregnancy or breastfeeding. Many women have found that without implants, the weight of their breast tissue causes a lot of pain. With breast implants, this pain goes away.
4. Helps balance asymmetrical breasts: Women who have one breast larger than the other often seek out breast augmentation because it helps them balance out the appearance of their chest.
5) Enhances body image: For some women, altering their body image is all about feeling good about themselves.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BREAST İMPLANTS AND BREAST AUGMENTATION?
You have two options for breast implants: silicone and saline. Saline implants are filled with sterile salty water, while silicone implants are filled with a tissue-friendly gel. Both of them have a silicone skin.
The difference between these two is the material (the gel or the salt water). One type of implant may be more appropriate for you than another according to your medical history or personal preference. A qualified plastic surgeon will be able to tell you which implant is best for you.
HOW LONG DOES BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY LAST?
The surgery usually takes one to two hours. During the procedure, an incision is made either in the crease under the breast, around the areola, or in the armpit. After that a silicone or saline implant is placed under the muscle of the chest. Dissolvable stitches are put to close the incisions. Recovery time is mostly one to two weeks.
HOW PAINFUL IS A BREAST AUGMENTATION OPERATION?
Most people report only mild discomfort during and after breast augmentation surgery. The level of pain is different for everyone, but it is typically described as a dull ache that is manageable with medication. Most people take over-the-counter painkillers or prescription medication for a few days after surgery. Some people also experience swelling and bruising, which can be controlled with ice packs and compression garments.
CHOOSING SIZE AND SHAPE
When it comes to choosing the size and shape of your implants, it’s important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. They will be able to help you choose an implant size that is proportionate to your body and gives you the results you desire. There are a variety of implant shapes available, so please make sure that you ask the surgeon about all of your options. Ultimately, the decision comes down to what you are looking for in terms of results and what you are comfortable with.
CHOOSING IMPLANT MATERIALS
If you’re considering breast augmentation, you’ll need to choose the right implant material. The most common types of them are silicone and saline. Saline implants are filled with sterile salty water, while silicone implants are filled with a cohesive tissue-friendly gel. Both types of them have a silicone skin.
Silicone implants typically last longer than the saline ones because they are less prone to rupturing or leaking. They also typically feel more natural because they move more like real breasts.
As a result of the rupture of both, there is no harm to the body. In the saline-filled type, the liquid inside is absorbed by the body. The implant, which is made of silicone, does not fall apart when it is torn. If both rupture, the treatment may need to be repeated. However, rupture is extremely rare.
BREAST AUGMENTATION IN TURKEY
Breast augmentation is among the aesthetic surgeries performed in Turkey for many years. In our country, you can get breast augmentation treatment for less than half the price of your own country. The treatment process is the same as the world standards.
You will choose your implants with your doctor and decide on the size together. Call us now to meet your doctor, ask your questions and learn the prices! All the contact information you need is available in the Contact Us section of our website. Don’t forget that you can also make your appointment during the conversation!
After your appointment is set, our clinic staff will assist you in all procedures such as your hotel room and airport pick-up. Call our office, now!